Pages

Chanku Luta (Red Road)



Hau Mitakuyapi
Take a minute, read, review, comment, we of the Dakota Nation may be forgotten in time, but for now we will never be ignored...I will see you on the Red Road of Life...Wopida Tanka
Hokshida Maza (Iron Boy) Bdewakantowan Dakota Akichita










































Sunday, November 3, 2013

CENSORED NEWS: Tom Poor Bear urges NCAI advocacy for Leonard Pelt...

CENSORED NEWS: Tom Poor Bear urges NCAI advocacy for Leonard Pelt...: Leonard Peltier with Oglala Vice President Tom Poor Bear during a recent visit. Photo courtesy Oglala Commemoration, published with perm...


As a member of the Red Lake Nation I have worked in Indian Country my entire life.  And I've seen the inner workings of many tribes, organizations and causes.

Most Indian organizations are worthless in my opinion.  Not all mind you, but most.

And as much as I admire Tom Poor Bear, and the honorable effort to bring this issue to the NCAI forum, I don't see NCAI as being an effective vehicle for change in this instance.

Look up the definition of "congress" and you'll have a pictorial history of every NCAI conference since it's inception.

No comments: